Ski slope enjoyment and winter magic in the Gastein Valley
Start your skiing vacation in Bad Hofgastein with a delicious breakfast, which transforms into a first-class skiing hotel in winter. After you have stocked up on energy for the day, you can discover the 4 ski areas in the Gastein Valley with almost 200 km of slopes. These slopes are part of the Ski Amadé network, one of Europe’s largest winter sports areas. The ski bus stops right at our hotel. Did you forget to bring something with you? No problem! You can rent all the appropriate equipment.
A skiing vacation in Gastein offers something for everyone
On a skiing vacation in Gastein, you will find family-friendly ski runs, challenging slopes, as well as a true freeriding paradise in Sportgastein. No matter whether you’re a skier or snowboarder, everyone will get their money’s worth on a skiing vacation in Bad Hofgastein. Of course, we also offer groomed cross-country skiing trails, which lead directly past our skiing hotel in Bad Hofgastein. Here you can take a look at the slope map.
Winter hiking, tobogganing, and cross-country skiing
Over 100 km of prepared winter hiking paths are available to all those who would like to experience the magic of the mountains in winter on foot. A kick of adrenaline is guaranteed on the prepared toboggan runs. After a day in the snow, you can warm up in our wellness area in the sauna, hot tub, or thermal indoor pool.
In winter in the Gastein Valley, you can enjoy:
- Cross-country skiing
- Ice skating
- Ice stock
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides
- Visits to the spas
- You can find more info for winter activities here.
Tips for your winter vacation:
- Skiing & snowboarding (4 ski stations of Ski Amadé) in the valley
- Cross-country skiing from the hotel
- Winter hikes from the hotel
- Wildlife feedings (ca. 3 km away)
- Ice stock (ca. 200 m away)
- Ice skating rink in the Alpen Arena (ca. 200 m away)
- Tobogganing in the valley
- Horse-drawn sleigh rides in the valley
- Alpentherme Bad Hofgastein (ca. 200 m away)
- Felsentherme Bad Gastein (ca. 8 km away)